Composite functions, determinant properties, tangents and normals, co-planar lines, and other topics are covered in the CBSE class 12 Maths deleted syllabus for 2023–24. Students must observe that eight units have had parts removed. Importantly, the difficulty of the exam is impacted by the math dropped from the class 12 syllabus. The revised course outline emphasizes the need to improve fundamentals and strengthen concepts as a whole.
Unit-wise CBSE Class 12 Maths Deleted Syllabus 2023-24
Similarly to that, a detailed unit-by-unit breakdown of the CBSE Class 12 Maths Deleted Syllabus 2023–24 is provided below. It lists the chapters and subtopics that have been removed from the current CBSE class 12 math curriculum for 2023–2024.
Unit – Relations and Functions
A total of two chapters are included in the CBSE Class 12 Maths Deleted Syllabus 2023-24.
- Relations and Functions – Composite functions, Inverse of a function.
- Inverse Trigonometric Functions – Elementary properties of inverse trigonometric functions.
Unit – Algebra
Similarly, the Board has added two chapters from this unit for maths deleted syllabus class 12 CBSE 2023-24.
- Matrices – Concept of elementary row and column operations.
- Determinants – Properties of determinants.
Unit – Calculus
In the CBSE Class 12 Maths Deleted Syllabus 2023-24, four chapters from the Calculus unit have been included.
- Continuity and Differentiability – Derivative of a composite function, Rolle’s and Lagrange’s Mean Value, and Theorems (without proof) and their geometric interpretation.
- Applications of Derivatives – Tangents and Normals and Use of Derivatives in Approximation.
- Integrals – Definite integrals as a limit of a sum.
- Applications of the Integrals – Area between the two above curves.
Unit – Vectors and Three-Dimensional Geometry
Authorities have added two chapters from the Vectors and Three-Dimensional Geometry of the class 12 maths deleted syllabus 2023-24.
- Vectors – Scalar triple product of vectors
- Three-dimensional Geometry – Co-planar lines, Cartesian and vector, Equation of a plane, Angle between (i) two lines, (ii) two planes, (iii) a line and a plane, Distance of a point from a plane.
Unit – Linear Programming
Chapters included in the CBSE Class 12 Maths Deleted Syllabus 2023-24 are Linear Programming.
- Linear Programming – Different types of linear programming (L.P.) problems mathematical formulation of L.P. problems.
Unit – Probability
Finally, in the deleted syllabus of class 12 CBSE 2023-24 maths, probability, and its subtopics are included, as mentioned below.
- Probability – Variance of a random variable.
Reasons for the CBSE Class 12 Maths Syllabus Reduction for 2023–2024
Students should be aware that the Board decided to delete some chapters and move them to the math deleted syllabus for class 12 for specific reasons.
- Due to the subject’s expansion and the necessity to keep up with academic requirements, the math syllabus has been trimmed.
- The curriculum has been created by the authorities to be more application-based than concept-based.
- Authorities supported self-learning and decreased reliance on outside forces by rationalizing the curriculum.
Positive aspects of the CBSE Class 12 Maths Deleted Syllabus 2023–24
We’ll now examine the advantages of the CBSE Class 12 Maths Deleted Syllabus 2023–24 and how they have helped pupils.
- The emphasis has been transferred from less significant themes and concepts to crucial chapters, making the new CBSE class 12 math syllabus 2023–2024 more scoring.
- The syllabus is now simpler to comprehend and implement in real-world situations thanks to a new assessment of its level of complexity.
- Due to the syllabus’ congruence with competitive tests, productivity has grown.