Every country’s government keeps coming up with new plans and services to help its people and make the country stronger. Because of this, everyday people have a lot of ease in their lives. The Government of India has set up a similar service for all the children in the country whose SHRESHTA Scheme has been saved. All children who can’t do their schoolwork well because they don’t have enough money or for some other reason will get a lot of help through this program.
This article has everything you need to know about the SHRESHTA Scheme 2023, including its goal, benefits, features, application process, required papers, who is eligible to apply, etc., which are all listed below. Please read this article carefully if you want to use this service or understand how everything works.
What is the Shreshta Scheme?
The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has started the SHRESHTA scheme to give SC children in High Schools in certain areas a residential education. Through this program, meritorious students in 9th through 11th grade will be given grants that will pay for all of their school costs. Students from scheduled castes will be the only ones who can use this plan.
The plan will be put into place by the government in the 2022–2023 school year. Students must take the National Entrance Test for SHRESHTA (NETS) in order to join this program. It is basically a national test that is done on a computer by the national testing body.
Benefits and Features Of the SHRESTHA Scheme
- The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment will run this SHRESHTA Scheme.
- The goal of this program is to help the best students from Scheduled Castes, and it will also help stop students from dropping out between classes 9 and 12.
- All of the promising kids will get a high-quality residential school education through this good plan.
- NITI Aayog has chosen prestigious private housing in aspirational districts to carry out the plan.
- The Indian government thinks that this SHRESHTA Scheme 2023 will cost Rs 300 crore to put into action.
- In the next five years, this plan is projected to help more than 24,800 students.
- This program is for kids who have a lot of potential but are struggling financially.
- This will pay for all qualified scholarship students’ school and dorm fees.
- Students from scheduled castes and those with low incomes will be the only ones who can apply for this plan.
- Students must take the NETS, or National Entrance Test for Shrestha, which is an entrance exam, in order to take part in this government program.
- The government will pay school and housing fees through this SHRESHTA Scheme 2023. By putting this plan into action, the country’s learning rate will go up.
- Aside from this, students won’t have to rely on anyone else for their education costs because the government will pay for them.
Conditions for Eligibility for Shreshta Scheme
Eligibility Criteria for Students
For this good program to work, the person applying must live in India permanently.
Only if the student fits into one of the categories listed will he be qualified for this good plan.
To be eligible for the program, an applicant will have to pass the national entrance test.
All of the papers needed for this scheme must be the originals.
Eligibility Criteria for Schools
The school should be a boarding school that is approved by the government and is part of CBSE. If he went to school up to the 12th grade, he would be qualified.
Under this plan, the school should be up and running for at least 5 years. More than 75% of kids must have passed the class 10th and 12th board exams in the last almost 5 years.
Documents Required for Shreshta Scheme
- Aadhar Card of the Applicant
- Residence Accommodation Certificate
- Caste Certificate of the Applicant
- Family Income Certificate Ration Magazine
- Applicant’s Birth Certificate
- Passport Size Photo
- Mobile Number
- Email Id
Instructions Regarding SHRESTHA Scheme
Under this plan, the entrance test that students take to be shortlisted consists of one paper with four sections: mathematics, science, social science, and general knowledge.
- Under this plan, this test will be held for kids in the targeted areas who want to go to the best private residential school in the country as part of their residential education.
- For admission to class 9, the entrance test questions will be based on the NCERT curriculum for class 8, and for class 11, the questions will be based on the NCERT curriculum for class 10.
- Under this plan, only students who passed or tried to get into the eighth, tenth, ninth, or eleventh grade in the 2021–22 school year will be qualified.
- Under this program from the central government, the entrance test will have both Hindi and English versions of the questions.
Note: Candidates will get 4 points for each right answer, and they won’t lose any points for wrong answers or questions they don’t answer.
How to Apply for the SHRESTHA Scheme?
- First, go to Shreshth’s main website. Yojana SHRESTHA Scheme. Before you do, the home page will open.
- You have to click on “Registration for SHRESHTA 2023 SHRESHTA Scheme” on the home page. You’ll see a new page appear.
- You have to click on “new registration” on this page. New Signing Up
- A new page with directions will show up in front of you. You need to pay close attention to these directions. Now, you need to check the box.
- Then you have to click “Click Here to Continue” to move on. Form for Signing Up.
- You will see an application form. Then you need to click “submit.”
- Now you have to sign in to the site. Then you need to fill out an application form.
- After that, you have to send in all the necessary paperwork. Now you must click “submit.”
- If you follow these steps, you can apply for the SHRESTHA plan.
For more information, go to the official Portal