The Assam Secretariat Recruitment 2023 official notification has been released. The official notification of Assam Secretariat Recruitment has been published on the Assam Secretariat website. If you want to apply for Assam Secretariat Recruitment, then the entire information regarding Assam Secretariat Recruitment is available in this post.
All candidates should thoroughly read the Assam Secretariat recruitment notification before filling out the application form.
Overview of Assam Secretariat Recruitment 2023
The Assam Secretariat has just posted a job advertisement online named “Assam Secretariat Recruitment.” This recruitment offers a variety of chances for the positions of English Language Computer Operator and Assamese Language Computer Operator. For all details, you must carefully read the entire page. Visit the official website and fill out the online application form.
This is a fantastic chance for all outstanding applicants interested in working with the Assam Secretariat. Applicants will submit application forms online to build a career in this organization; however, before doing so, they must read all terms and conditions from the Assam Secretariat’s official notice.
|Advertisement Published by
|Assam Legislative Assembly Secretariat
|Mode of Application
|Last Date of Application
|No of Vacancy
Eligibility Criteria for Assam Secretariat Recruitment 2023
A Bachelor Degree with English/Assamese as one of the topics and 45% marks for General/OBC/MOBC and 40% for SC/ST (P) and ST(H) from any accredited university is required.
The candidate must have a minimum of 6 (six) months of diploma/certificate in computer competence from a government-recognized institute. He/she must be proficient in computer basic applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Internet, and so on.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Registration for the Employment Exchange:
- The candidate must be registered for employment exchange.
- The minimum age is 21.
- Under Secretary, Assistant Research Officer, Assistant Language Officer, and Store Officer have a maximum age of 38 years.
- All other positions have a maximum age of 40 years.
The top age limit can be relaxed
- By three years for OBC/MOBC candidates
- By five years for SC/ST (P) and (H) candidates.
Selection Procedure for Assam Legislative Assembly Secretariat Recruitment
For Posts 1 and 2: Written or Viva
For Post No. 3: Eligible applicants must take the following Oration Test/ Simultaneous Interpretation Test(s).
A. Oration Test: Candidates will be subjected to a 100-point oration test. During the Oration test, a candidate will be expected to speak extempore for 3 minutes in English, Assamese, and Bodo Language on any of the 7 topics in English and 7 topics in the language concerned assigned to her/him.
The goal is to assess candidates’ fluency, linguistic substance, style, pronunciation, accent, material content, and voice. Only those applicants who pass the Oration Test at the required level will be eligible to take the Simultaneous Interpretation Test.
B. Simultaneous Interpretation Test: From Bodo Language to English and Assamese (5 Minutes) of 50 Marks, and from English and Assamese to Bodo Language (5 Minutes) of 50 Marks. The candidate’s performance will be evaluated using five criteria: coverage, accuracy, style and diction, continuity of interpretation, voice, pronunciation, and accent.
All candidates must score at least 50% in each component/parameter of the Oration Test and Simultaneous Interpretation Test. The applicants who pass the Simultaneous Interpretation Test will be chosen based on their overall performance in the Oration Test and Simultaneous Interpretation Test.
For Post No. 4: there will be a 200-mark written and computer test in the official and relevant language.
For Post No. 5: the written and translation test (English to Bodo, Assamese to Bodo, Bodo to English, Bodo to Assamese) would be worth 200 marks.
How to Apply for the Assam Legislative Assembly Secretariat Job?
The applications must be in the Standard Form (Assam Gazette, Part-IX). Candidates must correctly complete and submit all columns of the application form, as well as their bio-data, on an A4 sheet. Applications that are comprehensive in every way should be forwarded to:
- Secretariat of the Assam Legislative Assembly, Dispur, Guwahati-6, Assam
- Candidates should send their applications in an envelope with the position title and language applied for clearly written on the cover.
- On the application form, candidates must attach self-attested identical recent passport-size pictures.
- Candidates must provide self-attested copies of their Master’s Degree/ Bachelor’s Degree mark sheets and certificate(s), as well as their 10th/ 12th/ Graduation mark sheet(s) and certificate(s) [clearly identifying the Regional Language concerned as a compulsory/ elective subject(s)]./ Relevant diploma from a recognized university/institution/experience Certificate of translation or interpretation work in the regional language concerned, etc.
- As proof of date of birth, only the Matriculation or equivalent examination certificate will be recognized.
- Candidates should submit their applications to the Office of the Secretary, Assam Legislative Assembly Secretariat, Dispur, Guwahati-6, Assam. However, no acknowledgment will be provided.
For more information, you can ask in the comment box below at https://directorateheuk.org/