CLAT Application Form 2024 – On July 1, 2023, the Consortium of National Law Universities (NLUs) posted the CLAT 2024 application form online. Interested candidates may complete the CLAT application form until November 3, 2023. The actual URL to the CLAT 2024 application form is provided below. Candidates seeking admission to national law schools must complete the CLAT 2024 application form and take the entrance exam.
|Examinee’s name||Common-Law Admission Test|
|Conducting System||A consortium of National Law Universities (NLUs)|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National level|
|How to Apply||Online|
|Courses||UG & PG law courses|
|Important Application Forms Live Now|
|Chandigarh Univ(NIRF Ranked # 27) App Form||Apply Now|
|LPUNEST 2023 Application 2023||Apply Now|
|UPES Dehradun 2023 (Closing Soon)||Apply Now|
CLAT 2024 Exam Dates
Candidates can go through the complete official CLAT exam dates below:
|Online application||1st week of July/August 2023|
|Release of Second Sample Question Set||2nd week of October 2023|
|Second Open Campus Visit day for registered candidates||2nd week of October 2023|
|Last date to submit the form||1st week of November 2023|
|Last date for application fee payment||2nd week of November 2023|
|Test city update||November 2023|
|Admit card release||1st week of December 2023|
|Exam Date||3rd December 2023|
|Answer Key||December 2023|
|Objection against CLAT 2024 Answer key||December 2023|
|Final answer key release||December 2023|
|Objections against final key||December 2023|
|Result Declaration||December 2023|
CLAT 2024 Application Form
Candidates can check out the details given below to know the complete CLAT 2024 application form details:
- The application form will be released in first week of July/August 2023.
- Candidates will be able to submit and fill the CLAT registration form through online mode. No offline mode will be provided.
- For the basic registration, candidates will have to provide the details like name, email ID and mobile number.
- Login using allotted details at the time of registration to fill out the application form.
- Fill all the asked details in the application form carefully as once they submit the form, no correction facility will be provided.
- Upload the scanned documents such as photograph, signature, & other required certificates.
- To complete the application procedure, submit the application fee through online mode.
- At last, take a hardcopy of the filled application form for further usage in admission procedure.
Candidates can refer the given below pointer to know regarding the application fee:
- The application fee will be submitted through online mode.
- Candidates will be able to submit the fee using Credit card/ debit card/ pay wallet/ Ru Pay.
- The application fee will be non-refundable under any circumstances.
- We have provided the complete category wise application fee details below:
|General/ OBC/ SAP+ Other||Rs 4000/-|
|SC/ ST||Rs 3500/-|
|Previous year question papers||Rs. 500/-|
How to Apply for CLAT 2024
- Step-1: Visit the website of CLAT (Link will be given above).
- Step-2: Enter the valid email ID and phone number to register.
- Step-3: Now login using allotted details to fill the form.
- Step-4: Start filling out the application form with necessary details.
- Step-5: Fill the preference among all the 22 national law universities.
- Step-6: Upload the required scanned documents as per the given specification.
- Step-7: Pay the application fee through online mode and submit the form.
- Step-8: Take a hardcopy of the filled form for further usage.
Check Here – How to Fill CLAT Application Form
CLAT 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to fulfill the CLAT eligibility criteria 2024 before filling out the application form:
- Nationality: Candidates must be Indian Nationals/ NRI/ NRI Sponsored to apply for the exam.
For UG Programme:
- Qualifying Examination: Applying candidates must passed class 12th level from a recognized board/ university.
- Minimum Marks: To be eligible for the exam, candidates must have scored 45% aggregate marks (40% marks for SC/ST) in the qualifying exam.
- Age Limit: There will be no upper age limit to apply for UG law courses.
- Appearing: The appearing candidates in class 12th level will also be eligible to apply for the entrance exam.
For PG Programme:
- Qualifying Examination: To be eligible for PG courses, applicants must have passed LLB or 5-year integrated LLB or its equivalent from a recognized institute/ university.
- Age Limit: No upper age limit will be there to apply.
- Minimum Marks: For general category, candidate must have scored 50% marks and 45% marks for reserved category (ST/ST) in the qualifying exam.
CLAT 2024 Exam Pattern
Given below will be the details related to CLAT exam pattern 2024:
- Exam Mode: The exam will be organized through offline (Pen-paper based) mode.
- Duration: Total 2 hours will be allotted to solve the exam.
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) & Subjective type questions will be asked in the paper.
- Medium: The questions will be asked in English language only.
- Number of Questions: In UG exam, total 120 questions will be asked and 120 questions in PG exam.
- Sections: There will be total 5 sections in the question paper for UG courses.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be given for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: For each incorrect response, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
Following will be the marks distribution in the exam:
For UG Courses:
|English Including Comprehension||28-32|
|G.K & Current Affairs||35-39|
For PG Courses:
|Other Law Subjects such as Contracts, tort, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR, etc.||50|
CLAT 2024 Syllabus
Those candidates who want to appear for the CLAT 2024 examination must be aware about the exam syllabus.
There is various sections in CLAT syllabus for in UG courses such as – English, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Mathematics, Legal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning.
We are providing some of the topics included in each section of the exam below:
|Mathematics||In this section, candidate’s knowledge related to elementary mathematics will be checked.|
|Legal Aptitude||Rules and passages of law, application of the rules and passages, etc.|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||Contemporary events of National and International Significance, Arts and Culture, International Affairs, Historical Events of significance.|
|English including comprehension||Passages, Reading, Comprehension, Inference, and Conclusion, Summary, Vocabulary, etc.|
|Logical Reasoning||Argument- Premise and Conclusion, Inference, Relationships and Analogies, Contradictions and Equivalence, etc.|